​A 38-year-old female archaeologist presents to a local clinic with

Q: ​A 38-year-old female archaeologist presents to a local clinic with high fever, malaise, intense headache, severe myalgia, and painful swelling in the inguinal region. She had recently returned from a trip to Arizona. Her vital signs indicate tachycardia. A physical exam shows no meningeal signs,
but she does appear somewhat drowsy-looking. A pustule is apparent at the site of an insect bite on her right upper arm. Her inguinal lymph nodes are enlarged, fluctuant, and tender. An aspirate is taken from the lymph nodes and reveal gram-negative bacilli with a “safety pin” appearance.

1. What is the causative microorganism?

2. What is the name of this condition?

3. How is this illness acquired?

4. What is the treatment for this infection?

5. What is the mortality rate for this type of infection?